Find out what are cheap and budget friendly things to do with kids this summer in Atlanta from my guest – Michelle & Leslie – the owner of KidVentures.
It’s officially summertime here in “Hot-lanta”!! Looks like it’s going to be a scorcher, too, true to the name! Are you looking for some fun things to keep your kids busy this summer? We all have this problem – it’s tough to find budget friendly things for the kids to do, especially when you have two or more!
Leslie and I both have three children (including a set of twins each), and we’ve been able to learn about all sorts of things around town because we were both events coordinators for the North Fulton Mothers of Multiples Club. Combined, we have 5 years of events experience under our belts. We love to help other parents solve this age-old dilemma!
Here are some ideas to keep you & your family occupied this summer!
1. Go to the theater! There are lots of places that offer puppet shows – The Center for Puppetry Arts, The Roswell Cultural Arts Center, and the Kudzu Playhouse, just to name a few.
2. Go to the pool! If your neighborhood doesn’t have a community pool, then try your local city pool, or join the YMCA. (or ask to be a guest at a friend’s pool!)
3. Go to a bounce house! Take your kid for some cool indoor fun at one of the local inflatables places – Monkey Joe’s , Catch Air, etc. Kids absolutely love these places where they can burn off lots of energy before you have to bring them home! Many places have free wi-fi so you can work or catch up online in peace!
4. Go out for ice cream! Lots of options here – Brusters, Cold Stone, Ben & Jerry’s, Dairy Queen, or your local hometown shop….the list is endless. Who doesn’t love a cool treat on a hot summer day?
5. Create some artwork! There are a few places around town that let you paint & decorate your own pottery. Kids love to work on projects like this, and the price point can be as low or as high as you like based on which items you choose to decorate.
6. Let your kids learn their way around the kitchen! The Young Chef’s Academy has several locations around Atlanta and does a wonderful job in teaching kids how to create a special item.
7. Play time indoors is always fun and refreshing! Superior Play Systems in Alpharetta offers open play time in their playset showroom, Lollipops in Dawsonville (near the North Ga Premium Outlets) offers open play times as well. Both are easily accessible from GA 400.
Lastly, we’ve put our events planning experience to work by starting a new company called “KidVentures”. We plan several outings a month and all you have to do is pre-register, bring your kid(s) and have fun! We even offer a discount to those who sign up for more than 5 outings per quarter.
Michelle Bell & Leslie Glass are the owners of KidVentures – Local Adventures for Kids business. Check them out on Facebook where you can view their monthly events schedule and find the link to easily register online. You can also email them at [email protected] or call 678-587-8541 to request a copy of the schedule.