Did you get your ticket yet? The Smithsonian Museum day is this weekend, September 24th, 2011.
Each year, the Smithsonian and their affiliate offer free tickets to participating museums in your area. You must print your tickets online to receive free admission.
The Museum Day Ticket is only good for two people per household, per address. If you go to Museum Day with more than one guest, your other guests will have to pay full admission.
Here is a list of participating museums in Atlanta area
1. Art on 5 : 2001 Martin Luther King Dr., Suite 530, Atlanta, GA 30310
2. Archibald Smith Plantation Home : 935 Alpharetta Street, Roswell, GA 30075
3. Barrington Hall : 535 Barrington Drive, Roswell, GA 30075
4. Booth Western Art Museum : 501 Museum Drive, P.O. Box 3070, Cartersville, GA 30120
5. Bulloch Hall : 180 Bulloch Ave., Roswell, GA 3007
6. Center for Puppetry Arts : 1404 Spring Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
7. David J. Sencer CDC Museum : 1600 Clifton Rd, NE, Atlanta, GA 30333
8. Hammonds House Museum : 503 Peeples Street, SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
9. Heritage Sandy Springs Museum : 6075 Sandy Springs Circle, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
10. High Museum of Art : 1280 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
11. The Hudgens Center for the Arts : 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway, Blg300, Duluth, GA 30024
Smithsonian Museum Day 2011 Information:
Place: See complete list of participating museums in Georgia here.
Date: Saturday, September 24, 2011
Cost: FREE. The Museum Day Ticket is available on the Ticket Information page. Fill out the form and you will be emailed instruction on downloading your ticket.