FREE Kids Workshop program from Home Depot is a great way to spend Saturday morning with kids. Each month there will be different project for kids to do. It’s fairly easy project that kids as young as 4 years old will be able to enjoy with the help of a parent. Everything is pre-cut and pre-drilled. So most of the activities will evolve around hammering nail or glue the wood.
About Home Depot Kids Workshop
- FREE hands-on workshops designed for children ages 5 – 12 offered the 1st Saturday of every month at all The Home Depot stores between 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Workshops teach children do-it-yourself skills and tool safety along with instilling a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- All kids get to keep their craft and receive a FREE Kids Workshop Apron, commemorative pin and certificate of achievement.
This month project is to Build an Organizer. Kids can build an organizer to store hair bands, race cars… or make a great gift for DAD!
- Kids will learn to build their very own planter box while learning tool safety
- Have fun, make friends and gain a sense of achievement and work ethic
- You can paint and add embellishments to your project while at the workshop
Another cool thing about this program is that after each project kids will be rewarded with certificate and pin. Each pin is uniquely designed for that month project. It’s a great way to get kids excited. Not that building their own stuff isn’t excited enough.
Place: All Home Depot Stores
Date: June 2, 2012 (Saturday)
Time: 9:00am – noon
Good For: Kids Ages 5-12
– If you arrive around 10:00-10:30am, you might not have to wait as the early group of kids are most likely done with their project