Get your Halloween costumes to good use before October by dressing up your kids in the Pirate costumes to get free child admission to the Georgia Aquarium on Pirate Days!
The world’s largest aquarium is celebrating Pirate Days with activities, giveaways and games for the entire family. Festivities will take place Sept. 24-25, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and children 12 and under will receive free admission when dressed in pirate costume.
Pirate Days encourages families to join the worldwide movement towards conservation and awareness of our oceans. Georgia Aquarium strives to be the leading facility for aquatic animal conservation, telling a global water story through six thrilling galleries and over 70 individual exhibits. The Aquarium is extending that message throughout Pirate Days.
Activities and giveaways include:
- Pirate-themed arts and crafts stations including pirate hats and eye patches, dress-a-pirate penguin, “My Pirate Name” station and a nautical knot station
- Navigation station presented by Cayman Islands Pirate Week 2011 – Limited Edition Georgia Aquarium 4R Program Compasses
- Georgia Aquarium “treasure hunt” and scavenger hunt
- Free activity books
- Temporary tattoos
- Special pirate costume contests and parades throughout the day
- Pirate ship photo station
- “Walk the Plank” dive show
Pirate Days @ Georgia Aquarium Information:
Place: Georgia Aquarium, 225 Baker St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
Date: September 24th & 25th, 2011 (Sat & Sun)
Time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Cost: 1 child in pirate costume receives FREE general admission with each paid adult or Annual Pass Member, Sept. 24 & 25, 2011 only.