Helping Atlanta Families and Restaurants by Providing Education and Produce that “Nourish the Soul”
Cane Creek Farm is located in Forsyth County and focuses on growing a wide variety of fruits and vegetables using sustainable, chemical-free growing practices. They produce the freshest of produce for local families and restaurants. Their tagline on their website sums up their mission beautifully:
“We grow fresh, healthy food to nourish the body and beautiful flowers to nourish the soul.”
Features of the Farm:
- Friendly staff and volunteers who are invested in the farm’s mission and providing their customers with the best service and products. They knew their customers by name and seemed invested in their personal lives. Talk about AMAZING service.
- Certified Naturally Grown
- CSA: A community of members who purchase a share each of the produce for a season of the harvest. Details about joining the CSA can be found at Cane Creek Farm’s Website. I visited the farm while CSA members where picking up their share for the week and it was extremely generous and absolutely mouth-watering!!
- For smaller purchases or less commitment than the CSA, the farm sells at The Cumming Harvest, an on-line farmer’s market that allows you to select local products and pick up purchases on Saturday morning.
- Heavily involved in the local community. They have a separate Food Pantry Garden that is tended by a a local church to provide food for the churches food pantry.
Giving you the Know Before You Go®:
- The Farm Market is open every Wednesday from 10am-1pm, from April to November. This is a great time to visit the farm, see the CSA share for the week, meet the farmers, and fall in love with the succulent produce and devoted staff.
- Weekly Newsletter that provides you with latest news and event schedule.
- Many Educational Opportunities: (Updated on Cane Creek Farm’s Website or the Newsletter)
- “Lunch ‘N Learn Series: hands on cooking classes held on Wednesdays on learning about cooking and preserving the farm’s crops.
- Organic Gardening Workshops (A 7 day intense course is offered twice a year or a one-day course is offered every April)
- Farm Camp: sign your children ages 7-12 up for a week of fun activities to engage children in growing and eating their own crops and learning about sustainable agriculture. This camp is offered every June.
- Cane Creek Farm offers Farm Tours for 15-50 people on Mondays and Thursday in April and October. Perfect for homeschool groups, moms groups, and small classes.
5110 Jekyll Road