Time to really ramp up the outdoor activities. One of our favorite places to do that is at the Atlanta history Center. Did I just throw you off with that last sentence? Did you picture nothing but exhibits full of reading that would send any child into a full-on raging fit within 30 seconds? Before discovering this gem, so did I!!!
Imagine a picnic lunch on a wide-open green grassy lawn with an enormous fountain, exploring gardens, finding giant concrete elephants, running down trails dotted with ponds and streams, touring historic homes and family farms, imagining in giant playhouses resembling historic homes, or hiking on the Connor Brown Discovery Trail (my son’s favorite..he thinks it was named after him)! All of this can be enjoyed within the 33 acres, located in Buckhead, that is the Atlanta History Center.
130 West Paces Ferry Road
- Homeschool Day: Reconstruction – 04/09/2015 – 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Sheep to Shawl – 04/11/2015 – 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Magic Monday: When I Grow Up – 04/13/2015 – 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Homeschool Day: History of Medicine – 05/08/2015 – 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Magic Monday: Little Sprout – 05/11/2015 – 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Juneteenth – 06/20/2015 – 06/21/2015 – 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM