A day at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta by Kita Bryant, Atlanta Parent Squad. Recently Kita was invited to attend a media day at LEGOLAND Discovery Center. Let’s hear about her personal experience on a day out with her kids.
I live on the outskirts of Atlanta and when I drive downtown I want to know that I am going somewhere not only fun but a place where I know my money is being put to good use. On Tuesday, we joined LEGOLAND as they are getting ready to celebrate their first birthday. I can’t believe it’s been a year already that they have been opened. LEGOLAND is located in the Phipps Plaza located across the street from Lennox Mall. Parking is super easy we parked in the garage in section P2 and caught the elevator up to the third floor to have a great time.
Once we got up there of course they have a huge tub of legos outside the door that tempts my kids before we even go in. We spent about 10 minutes there. What I like about this is for little kids who may not know what legos are they get a taste of it before they go inside.
After we went inside, we were introduced to how legos are made. I won’t give all of the details away you will have to go for yourself to find out how they make the lego. They do have 2 rides that kids and adults can get on that are fun and just right for you. They also have a theatre that uses 4D glasses that show three different movies. Here are some tips to have a great time at LEGOLAND
- Carry one bag with all of your belongings, which include your camera and other essentials. I combined my pocketbook and my camera into a small carryon bag that was easy to put across my shoulder so I can navigate two small kids easily.
- If you carry a stroller, they have places for you to park it. I was able to park mines in one spot and let my kids run around the entire place without worrying about it being bothered.
- They have a small cafeteria inside LEGOLAND so you do not have to worry about finding a place to sit and eat.
- Make sure your kids wear socks so they can run around in the play area.
- I would go in the weekdays where it is less crowded and your kids can run around and enjoy themselves even more.
Other than that, enjoy yourself. For more information on tickets and pricing please, visit http://atlanta.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/atlanta/
I was provided a pass to see LEGOLAND I was not given any monetary provisions to do this post. As always, these are my opinions.