Finding affordable or free things to do with kids is the main thing in most parents minds. Kids love playgrounds no matter where they go. It’s even better when there is an indoor playground in the mall to help parents get rid of the extra energy to ensure a smooth shopping trip. One of our family favorite things to do on a hot afternoon is heading to the mall. Here are 5 malls that not only will give parents the window shopping craving out of our system but allow the little kids to enjoy the soft play area playground and get their energy out before heading home. The best part is it’s FREE.
5 Indoor Playgrounds or Soft Play Areas in the Mall
1. Northpoint Mall – It’s our playground for most Sundays after church. The play area has soft play structures in the transportation theme ranging from a fire truck, police car and an ambulance. Kids can enjoy hours of afternoon fun while parents can sit and watch them in peace.
Location: North Point Mall, 1000 North Point Circle, Alpharetta, GA 30022
2. Mall of Georgia – Another favorite, even though we didn’t go there as often. For the Northern corridor Atlanta metro parents, the Mall of Georgia is like a one stop entertainment center for the whole family. Little kids can enjoy the soft play area tucks in the Northern part of the mall.
Location: Mall of Georgia, 3333 Buford Drive, Buford, GA 30519
3. The Mall at Stonecrest – This mall is built with family with children in mind. Kids play area will provide cool indoor fun for the kids.
Location: The Mall at Stonecrest, 2929 Turner Hill Road, Lithonia, GA 30038
4. Arbor Place Mall – Another mall that has a great play area for family with kids.
Location: Arbor Place Mall, 6700 Douglas Blvd.,Douglasville, GA 30135
5. Town Center at Cobb - This children’s play area in Town Center is a great space for family on a hot or rainy day in Kennesaw area.
Location: Town Center at Cobb, 400 Ernest W Barrett Pkwy, Suite 100, Kennesaw, GA 30144
Tips for Parents:
- Avoid the weekend or busy hours in the mall. It can be pretty busy and the fun factor might not be worth it.
- Many indoor playgrounds will have height limitations to prevent older kids from running over smaller kids. But many parents ignore the rule, so watch your little ones!
Do I miss any mall in your area? Please feel free to leave a comment!